THE PROCESS OF PSYCHOTHERAPY
- A Comprehensive Evaluation is conducted in the first session to obtain a sense of your history and current concerns.
- The second session is used to collaboratively determine your goals for therapy.
- The length of therapy can vary depending on your needs and circumstances, but most commonly, a productive course of therapy runs anywhere from about 6 months to 2-3 years.
- Sessions are usually scheduled for 45 to 55 minutes, once or twice a week.
- The frequency of sessions can change over the course of treatment, e.g. going from once to twice a week. Near the end of therapy, we may schedule meetings less frequently.
- I also periodically like to review our progress and reevaluate our goals for therapy.